Monday, January 26, 2009

Last Week

I had a busy week. Seems like I went somewhere just about every day. Tuesday evening I had a guild meeting. Our guest speaker was from the Good Neighbor Homeless shelter. We are making quilts for them this year as our community service project. I know I will be doing at least two quilts. One is quilted and needs the binding stitched down by hand and the other is on my frame, waiting to be quilted.

Wednesday, I got my Bernina fixed, sort of. He said it would be OK as long as I didn't run it wide open. The casing that holds the hook and hook drive is warped. He replace the hook and hook drive and said when they ware out I need to get a new machine. Hope it won't be too soon. When I do replace it, I'll probably get a Janome. I have my Bernina set up and am looking forward to finally being able to sew on it again. Wednesday afternoon a lady brought over a T-shirt quilt to make. She had started it, cut out the shirts, and decided she didn't have time to finish it. Her son is wanting the quilt finished. It is his wife's college T-shirts. I may try quilting it myself, just depends on what kind of mood I'm in. I'm a little leery of messing with the tension on my long arm. It is making nice stitches right now. If I go loosening up the tension for the clear (invisible) thread, I may never get it set back right again.

Thursday I went to a bee meeting and did my usual Thursday go to town stuff. I went to WalMart before the meeting and ended up being around 15 minutes late. Not a good example for the queen be to be setting.

Friday I went to Hobby Lobby armed with my 40% off coupon and bought batting. I also got a spool of the clear polyester thread and 5 yards of fabric from the clearance table.

Saturday evening I came down with a stomach virus. I'm still not over it. I'm going to try eating some soup in a little bit. Dora got it first and I caught it from her. Hope DH doesn't catch it.

I finally took a picture of my scrappy star quilt. Now to get it mailed off to NY to Paul's brother and his wife.

A friend of mine quilted it on her computerized long arm last year. It just took me forever to get the binding sewn down. That was probably because I didn't want to part with it. I had originally made it for my bed. Paul wanted me to make a quilt for his brother and this top was done, waiting to be quilted. I wasn't wanting to have to hurry and make a queen sized quilt from scratch. Maybe one of these days I will get a queen size quilt made that I can keep.

No comments: