Friday, March 30, 2007

March UFO

I finally finished my March UFO. It is a Christmas panel. All I did was ad the green outer border, quilt and bind it. No big deal and shouldn't have taken all month to finish. I've just been so busy I haven't had time for quilting. The 21st Sandra and I went to the quilt show at the library in Rome. We enjoyed seeing the quilts. It was a small show, but there were some nice quilts. Afterwards we went to Hancocks. I found a nice light background fabric and a few fat quarters. To day I went to Hobby Lobby and got some Kona red. I was out of solid red. For some reason, I seem to use a lot of red. The Quilt Station is having a big sale, so I went down there this afternoon. I got a couple more pieces of light background at 30% off , 30 fat quarters for $30 and a book "Traditions with a Twist".
Tuesday was the Roosting Round Robin. I already had it turned on point. Next month we do a triangle border. I don't think I'd like a saw tooth or flying geese border with my center. I'm thinking more a ribbon type border. I looked through some of my border books and found a chevron border that I think will look nice. Hope I will be able to work on it next week. I also need to decide which UFO to work on in April. Something that won't be too time consuming in case I have another month like this month. If I get done early, I can always get a head start on May's UFO.

Friday, March 9, 2007

Week-end project

Last week-end one of the on-line groups I'm a member of had a week-end workshop. We worked on the "Wicked Easy" quilt. It is a free pattern at I made two tops over the week-end and made a third one this week. One is a crib size shown on the left, and another is a twin size. shown below.

The top on the right is the one I made this week. I made it from the left over pieces from the other two, plus a few I had to cut to have enough.
This one will be a community service quilt for EVQG.

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Roosting Round Robin

Tuesday was the first meeting of the AQG Roosting Robin. I had my center done, although it didn't have to be done until March 27th when we add a couple of narrow borders and set our blocks on point. I was so excited about it that I did mine already. That just gives me more time to decide what to do for the triangle border.

I'm not sure if I like the bright setting triangles. I'm thinking it will look better once I get the next border on. I had a little miss-hap with the iron when I was pressing the first border. The water spewed out of the iron and caused the red to run onto the border fabric. I had to take one of the triangles off and then replace the border on one side. The red is one of my hand dyed fabrics. I Thought I had rinsed them out good and heat set the color in. I guess the color ran because the water in the iron was so hot.