The EVQG had another quilt camp in October. I had fun as usual. I really enjoy the three times a year that our guild does the week long quilt camps. It is a good time to catch up on UFO’s, finish projects, or start a new one. I did a little of each, plus took the fabric basket class.
This is the little fabric basket that I did in the class.
My “new project” was a purse.
My new black and white purse. The hounds tooth print made me dizzy when I was working with it, but I love it now that it is made. The other black and white print is a paisley, of course.
Other projects I worked on where a 9-patch quilt that still isn’t finished and binding on the polka dot and stripes Turning twenty quilt.
This is the finished T-shirt quilt that I made for a client.
A few of our guild members decided to form and Art Quilt Bee.
This was my inspiration for my first art quilt. To me, it looks like a vortex. Maybe a glimpse of another universe.
A work in progress.
Our art bee met for the second time last Saturday. We did cool aide dying. It was fun. I ended up with some pretty pink fat quarters. The red was more pink than red. The green turned out a light lime green and the purple is hard to distinguish from the pinks. I’m going to wash my fabrics and see if it is really permanent or not. If it is, I might try it again. It was easy to do, but it takes about 5 or 6 packs for each color, plus 1/4 c. white vinegar. Dissolve the cool Aide in a pot of hot water, add the vinegar, fabric and simmer until the color has absorbed into the fabric.