Sunday, January 28, 2007

Color Challenge

Allatoona Quilters Guild, one of the guilds I belong to, is having a color challenge. Our finished project is due in May. These are the colors I drew at the January meeting, a pink and sky blue. I was really pleased with my colors until I went to make my project. I decided to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, and make the Rhombi Quilt my daughter has been try to get me to make for a couple of years. After our guild meeting, a friend and I went to JoAnns and I picked out my fabrics, adding yellow for good measure. My daughter made me a pattern for the rhombus shape and a color layout of the quilt.




I got busy cutting the pieces and put them on the design wall. This is what it looked like. I didn't like this arrangement at all. Each of the colors, pink, blue and yellow just seem to jump out at me. So back to JoAnns I went with DD in tow, to find a nice floral print with all the colors in it.









DD made a new color layout for me to follow. We call this one "Rhombi in Plaid" I like this a slight bit better. I have the top sewn together now, but have no idea when I'll get around to quilting it.










When I did the new layout, I had some pieces left over. So decided to do this little stained glass wall hanging. It is finished and may end up being the one I take in May for the Color Challenge.

No comments: