Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Roosting Round Robin Top Done

Finally, I got the last border on my roosting round robin that we did last year with AQG.

After several months of hunting and a few miss-acquisitions, I finally found this fabric. I'm still not real happy with it. It may be close to the right colors, but it seems a little washed out compared to the bold reds. Also, I don't think the design in the border fabric suits the top. Oh well, done is better than it staying an UFO.

I'm not getting very far with my de-cluttering of the house. I've managed to go through all the stuff that was in the spare bedroom and about half the stuff in the storage room. I've tried to tackle the kitchen and may have gotten rid of a couple of things. It is just too over whelming and depressing. I'm still tired from toting heaving trash bags down the stairs on Sunday.

Saturday is the 2nd Blooming 9-Patch class and I haven't even felt like cutting my strips and squares. Tomorrow is the only day I will be home all day to work on it and I've got so much other stuff that needs to be done. This week is just too busy! Monday morning I went to Sandra's to help her arrange her rows for the EVQG challenge that is due this month. Today was AQG meeting, Thursday the Paradise Piecers meet, Friday the Needleturners meet and of course the class all day on Saturday. My monthly and bi-monthly meetings all fell in the same week. This week just wasn't a good week for that to happen.

Last Thursday Sandra and I went to Hancock's. I got a package of batting at 40% off and a couple of batiks at 50% off and some Elvis fabric for Dora. Actually it is for her boyfriend's quilt that surprise, surprise, I will have to make.

The Allatoona guild had a silent auction today. I won the bid on a very pretty butterfly fabric.

13 yds. for $20.00, not bad. There were some co-ordinating pieces that I wanted, but I kept getting out bid. I finally had to pick one to keep bidding on.

No comments: