Sunday, July 6, 2008

Busy Week-end

My hubby has been very busy this week-end finishing our front porch. He painted the posts and railings Thursday. Friday I helped him paint the door and window frames. Yesterday we cleaned off the porch good and cleaned the Adirondack furniture. The furniture will be painted blue and the porch floor will be treated with a wood sealer with a wood tone stain added to it. He will do that today. The porch has to dry for at least 48 hrs. before we can use it. That part I do not like. We can't even go in and out the front door. It is inconvenient to use the back door. Our garage and parking is in the front. I'll take pictures when it is done.




Dora made me a birthday cake for my birthday. Actually she made it that evening and we ate some the next day.



It is supposed to be a bow on top, but the icing fell. It still turned out pretty.



I finished all the 9-patch blocks for the blooming 9-patch quilt and have it on the design wall.

Hopefully I can start sewing it together this week. I think it is looking OK. Dora likes it. I'd like to make a queen size one for my bed.

No comments: