Thursday, July 24, 2008

Catching Up

Time sure does fly by. I started a post on the 6th and got interrupted. I'm just now trying to get caught up on all the happenings this month. I got a really nice basket of fat quarters from AQG birthday club, lots of batiks.

I received more fat quarters from the girls in my bee. I haven't take a picture of them yet. I'll post a picture when I do.

Our Challenge quilts were also due this month. A lot of our members made quilts. I took pictures of most of them, but the lighting wasn't very good so the pictures didn't turn out well.








































These are the ones that the pictures turned out the best. All of the quilts turned out great. Wish I could have gotten better pictures.








I also took pictures of some of the quilts the ladies brought for show 'n tell.






This is Jan's mystery quilt.

























This is another quilt that Jan made.














This is Sandra's scrappy star quilt. It is a graduation gift for her oldest son.


















This is a quilt Phylis made.























So far I've canned 16 pts. of spaghetti sauce. There are still more tomatoes that aren't ripe yet. I want to try making some that is hot to use for chili. I may have to make dill pickles too. We have quite a few cucumbers. I've never done pickles. Paul planted more corn and green beans because they didn't do well the first time around. I want to can some beans and maybe freeze some corn on the cobb.




This week EVQG is holding quilt camp at the Civic Center. We've had a good turn out. Tomorrow is the last day. I almost have my blooming 9-patch together. Just one more seam to sew the two halves together and then I'm done with the top. I took pictures at quilt camp too, but they are still on the camera.

No comments: