Monday, January 13, 2014

Road Trip

 

Finally finished the 60 “54 40 or fight” blocks for the Celtic Solstice Mystery.

CelticSolstice6b

Now I’m working on the Birthday Girl blocks.  I’ve got 9 blocks completed so far. 

Jean, Nancy and I took a little road trip Saturday to Scarlett Thread in McDonough, GA to attend a Jenny Doan lecture and trunk show.  It poured down rain the entire drive down. It let up just as we got there, so at least we didn’t get drenched from the car to the shop.

JennyDoan3 

We enjoyed the lecture.

JennyDaon1JennyDoan2

Afterwards Jenny signed our copies of Quilting Quickly magazine. Then the shopping began.  I was able to get just about all of this year’s birthday fabric for the Needle Turners Bee on sale.  Still have one more to get and that is only because I decided to keep the pretty orange Argyle.  They had a really good sale on some Hoffman batik precuts, so I got 2 crackers (10” Sq.) and 2 snaps (5” sq.).  I hope to use them to make one of  Jenny Doan’s patterns.  I’m thinking maybe one that uses the half hexie template. 

Thankfully the rain stopped by the time we were ready to leave.  We stopped for a late lunch at Truitt’s Chick-Fil-A restaurant.  It was a sit down restaurant with waitresses instead of the usual fast food restaurant.  It was very busy considering the time of day.  Luckily we just had a short wait for a table. 

No comments: