Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Passing Through



It seems like lately all I do is pass through my sewing room on my way somewhere else.  I’m beginning to wonder if I will ever stop in long enough to do any sewing.  Needless to say, I am very behind on my BOMs and Quilt Alongs.  Maybe I can get caught up next month.  I am working on the EVQG July mystery clue.  I haven’t even been to the website to get the August clue yet. 


This is the June M for Mystery clue.  July and August’s kits are still in the envelopes they came in waiting on me.  Soon the September one will be here. 

I worked very hard tying to get caught up on the Delightful Stars blocks.



Lesson 16                                                        Lesson 17




Lesson 18                                                                              Lesson 21



Lesson 22                                                           Lesson 23


I haven’t made the block for Lesson 19 yet, plus there are a couple more, lessons 24 and 25, that I need to make.  The block for Lesson 20 is made, I just didn’t take a picture of it.  The instructions call for joining it to some of the other blocks and of course I haven’t done that yet. 


We went to Villa Rica and bought 10 baby chicks.  One was sickly and died and another was killed by our other chickens.  The babies managed to get out of the coop and into the chicken run were the other two were at.  We sold 3 of the roosters from the first chicks.  We kept one and plan to get rid of it when the babies get old enough to put in with Juni.  I think we should keep a rooster as part of prepping just in case we don’t have the luxury of buying chicks from a hatchery. 


We got 2 each of 5 different varieties.  On of the pale yellow ones was sickly and one of the brown ones was killed. This picture was taken right after we got them.


I got a new phone, a Samsung Galaxy S 4 active. I really wanted the S 5, but At&T isn’t giving them away.  The cheapest price with 2 yr. contract that my daughter found was $149.00.  The most I’ve paid for a phone is $49.00 and that was for the S 2. I was so anxious to get it and then when it arrived last Wednesday I was chicken about activating it.  Maybe I will give it a try today.  I’m worried about getting all my contacts and pictures moved to the new phone.  Although I think most of the pictures have been sent to my computer, or at least the ones I wanted to keep, so I don’t know why I think they need to be moved to my new phone to take up space I’ll need for new pictures.

No comments: