Friday, August 22, 2014

New York Trip



Our New York trip was short but nice.  We visited relatives and went to the class reunion.  We stopped at 2 quilt shop on the way up.


We stopped at Batiks Etcetera and Sew What Fabrics in Wytheville, VA. I’ve never seen so many batiks in one place before.  It is definitely the place to go for batiks.  Just wish it was a little closer to me.  Even my husband liked this shop.  Think he liked it because it is in an old house in the old part of town.  There were several quaint little shops on that street. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask for their license plate for the Row by Row Experience shop hop. Our second stop was at The Sew’n Place in Chambersburg. PA. That shop was in a strip mall and didn’t have a lot of fabric, but it was a nice selection.  Think they were more in the business of selling sewing machines. 

We took our Granddaughter with us so she could meet her great great grandfather.


Lydia with Grandpa and her great great grandpa.  The Urn on the coffee table contains his wife’s ashes.


This was taken at one of the rest areas we stopped at. 


We ate supper Friday night at this retro dinner in Watertown, NY.  I like the atmosphere in the old timey restaurants.

On the way home we stopped at 2 quilt shops in NY.  We had to drive a little out of our way to get to them.  The first one was in Ithaca, NY.  The Quilter’s Corner was a nice quilt shop.  We stopped there on our way to Pucky Huddle Delight in Candor, NY.  With a name like that, I just had to make the detour  to check it out.


This is my granddaughter’s favorite quilt shop because it is purple.  There was a house for sale right across the street.  I was ready to move.  The trip was over all too soon.  There were several places I would have like to gone to, but time didn’t allow for it.


Well, I’ve managed to get hooked on another book series; this one is by William Kent Krueger.  It is the Cork O’Conner mysteries. 

My legs are sore. I haven’t been to the gym in several months.  I lost my exercise buddy and I so hate going by myself.  I really need that friend to be accountable to, to keep me going.  I went yesterday morning early and got on the treadmill for 50 minutes.  I didn’t think walking on a treadmill would make me this sore. One thing, the gym is quiet early in the morning.  It doesn’t start getting busy until around 7:45.  Hope I have recovered by Monday so I can try it again.

No comments: