Friday, February 16, 2007

This 'N That, My Week

Tuesday I went to the AQG meeting. We are starting a Roosting Round Robin that we will be working on each month. I think I know what I'm going to do for my center block. Now to see if I can get it done by the 27th. So, this months program was Round Robins and we were to bring any RRs that we had done. I took 3, one is one that I'm currently involved in with one of my Bee's, the Paradise Piecers. The other 2 are from several years ago that I did with an on line group I was in.


This RR had a winter theme. This was a fall theme. I've never finished it.

This one I didn't take to guild. It is a Row Robin I did with another on line group I was in. I haven't finished it either. I want to add another row. The row I made is the next to last row. I machine appliqued mine with invisible thread. Everyone else did hand applique. I really enjoyed working on every one's. Everybody had a different theme for their top.
I'm enjoying the RR I'm currently involved in. There are 8 of us, so our tops will be quite large. I think there are three more rounds to go, and will probably be next January before they make their way back home. We have 3 months to do each round.
Today the Paradise Piecers had their weekly meeting. We had a nice time, chatting and sewing. I worked on hand sewing down the binding on a quilt. I didn't get it done, so think I will take it for my project tomorrow when my other bee, The Needle Turners, meet. It is an applique bee and we meet once or twice a month. I have enough applique projects to last me several years.



No comments: