Saturday, August 2, 2008

Four 'O Clock Renamed

This is my Four 'O clock plant, so named because they bloom at four in the afternoon. I've decided to rename it Six 'O clock, because it blooms somewhere between 5:30 and 6:00 p.m.



We had birds in our backyard yesterday. I think they escaped from my neighbor's yard. I don't know what they are, but they are good sized.

I wonder if they are raising them to eat, for the eggs, or just because they can. I wouldn't mind raising some hens for the eggs. I like the Road Island Reds. I don't mind brown eggs. They all eat the same.
I've got lots of tomatoes to do something with. Think I'll go through them and see which ones are ripe and need to be canned today. I think I'll try canning some diced tomatoes seasoned with oregano, basil and garlic.

No comments: