Friday, October 24, 2008

Catching Up

Time sure does fly by and I don't even remember what has been keeping me so busy. EVQG had their quilt show in September. We had a good turn out. The vendors complained they didn't make enough sales. Guess that was my fault. I was on a tight budget and limited my self to $20. I bought an utility apron pattern, a swirl stencil, and one fat quarter of oriental fabric. I guess others must have been on a budget too. Ours isn't a judged show, but we did do viewer's choice award. Venia Etta's grandmother's flower garden quilt won.




Venia Etta hand pieced and hand quilted this quilt.


This is the Challenge quilt display that I was in charge of. I took these pictures before it was decorated and forgot to take more pictures afterwards. So the table display looked at lot nicer for the show.


These are pictures of the silent auction items. Bev did a very nice job with setting it up. Every item sold.





I was excited about the apron pattern I bought at the quilt show and started making them right away. I got a little carried away and made 13 aprons. I'm giving them as Christmas gifts.


This is 12 of the aprons. I made this really cute one from a border print with baskets of apples, bird houses and crows. I was in such a hurry to give it to a friend, that I forgot to take a picture of it.






The last time I went to JoAnn's, I bought one of their "green bags". I decided to use it as a model and make shopping bags. I think I ended up making 10 bags in various sizes, including one very small one. I made some from denim and some from out door canvas that I had.

It sure is a lot nicer going to the grocery store now and not getting all those plastic bags. Plus, these bags hold the grocery so much better, hold more, and sit nicely on the back seat. The groceries don't fall out and they don't rip trying to get the bags into the house.






Our guest speaker Tuesday evening at the EVQG meeting was Bonnie Hunter. She also taught two classes for us. I didn't get to go to either class, but I did enjoy hearing her speak at the guild meeting. Dumb me forgot to take my camera, so I didn't get any pictures. She had her new book, but I didn't buy it. I'd already printed a lot of her patterns from her web-site. She showed us her latest mystery quilt. I hadn't been keeping up with her blog, so didn't realize she had done another mystery. So when I got home I printed it out and hope to start it soon. I also printed out the instructions for Tonya's Alphabet. I had some how missed seeing that on her site when I visited. I did so much printing, that I had to buy an new color ink cartridge. My little bitty tote bag was just the perfect size for running into staples for the ink cartridge.

No comments: