Friday, December 5, 2008

Progress Made

Finally the T-shirt quilt is at the quilters. I'm so happy the top is put together.

I did take the star fabric out of the center block and use a smaller star print instead. I can't wait to get it back from the quilter so I can get the binding on and get it to my client. Hope she will like it.

I decided to play around with the letter blocks and have them on the design wall.

I did substitute the blue/floral set of four patch blocks in the 2nd row with a set of yellow/red print ones. The blue was too dark and now all the four patch blocks have yellow in them. When I noticed that, I had to rethink my sashing fabric. Originally I was going to use the yellow print in the picture for the sashing with green corner stones. Now that will be reversed and the yellow will also be the outer border. Hope I can start sewing this top together today.

No comments: