Sunday, June 7, 2009

Finally Finished Too

The Burma Shave Sayings block swap from several years ago is finally a finished quilt.

This is such a fun quilt. I enjoy reading the Burma Shave sayings on the blocks.


Here are pictures of the coasters I made.


This is the first set, made from a charm pack. They are all different, but co-ordinate.




This set is all the same, made from fall fabrics in my stash. Think I made these when I should have been fixing the backing for a quilt. Well, the backing got pieced and the quilt is on the frame. It is partially quilted. I've had some trouble with the thread breaking, but other than that, it is going fine. I'm just not much in the mood to quilt. I'd rather be making 9-patch blocks from charm packs. I have seven charm packs of the "Glace" line, enough to make a queen size quilt. I'd like to get another dessert roll for the borders, but can make do with the roll I have.

Speaking of charm packs, I need to hunt the pack I bought to make a cute little wall hanging and get them with the pattern, before I use them for something else. Think they got put with my collection of charm packs. I just can't help collecting them. Although most of the time I can't figure out what to do with just one pack. It usually takes. at the least, two packs for the projects I find to use them in.

No comments: