Sunday, June 28, 2009

June is Nearly Gone

This month sure has flown by.  It doesn't seem like I’ve gotten much done this month.   Although I have done some canning.  The cucumbers are doing good and I’ve done 12 pints of dill pickles, 9 pints of Bread and butter pickles and 6 pints of sandwich slice pickles.  Hope the dills turn out better this year.  I read in the Joy of Pickling book that adding grape leaves ( in my case, Muscadine leaves ) would keep the pickles firm. I hope it works.  I enjoy canning and am looking foreword to the tomatoes getting ripe so I can start making tomato sauce.

In between the canning, I did do some quilting.  I pieced some 9 patch blocks for a quilt and finished the Strip Twist community service top.

StripTwist1

I even quilted it.  Now to get the binding on it.  I also quilted a community service quilt for another guild member and still have another one to get on the frame, as soon as I fix the backing. 

In a couple of weeks is another quilt camp.  I need to decide what I want to work on, probably purses.  I’ve got fabric to make a couple more and haven’t gotten around to it yet.  Also need to decide which classes I want to do.  There are three this time, placemats, pincushion and crazy border quilt.  I’m planning to do the crazy border quilt and maybe the pincushion.  The supply list hasn’t been post for the pincushion and placemats yet.  If I have to buy a lot of stuff for them, I probably won’t do them.  Guess I should see if I have all the fabrics I need to do the crazy border quilt.  I may find out that I won’t be doing that one either, if I can’t come up with 12 coordinating fabrics for the border.  1/3 yd cuts is all the is needed of each, so I might could buy a few if needed.

No comments: