Thursday, March 12, 2015

Bulloch Hall

 

Sandra and I went to the Bulloch Hall Quilt Guild quilt show at Bulloch Hall in Roswell, Ga.  Bulloch Hall is the childhood home of Theodore Roosevelt’s Mother.  I enjoy touring historic homes, so really enjoyed the trip.

43

Front of house and the formal garden.  Didn’t see any vegetable garden. 

12

The old well and service area.

1618

 

2117

 

The kitchen area in the basement.  The 4th picture is the root cellar. They did their cooking in the fireplace,

1920 

The 1st picture is the dining room.

515

Front stairs to the second floor.  The narrow stairs goes to the 1st landing and the wider stairs go to the 2nd floor.  The back stairs also went to the 1st landing.

71314

The bedrooms.  I like that narrow child's bed.  It is long enough to sleep an older child.  There sure isn’t any room to turn over in it.

108

69

 

Attic stairs and attic.  It is not a good picture of the 1st quilt 2nd row, but I thought the colors were interesting.  Got some inspiration for colors from several of the quilts.

12

We did a house block Saturday Sampler a couple of years ago.  I liked this quilt for setting ideas.  Needless to say, I haven’t done anything with my blocks yet.

No comments: