Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tuesday Guild

Yesterday was the regular monthly meeting of AQG. Our program was member showcase quilts. 3 members showed off some of their quilts. It was nice. I didn't take any pictures, but did get a few pictures of Show 'N Tell.



I thought this top of Jan's was so cute. She makes some really fun quilts in bright colors.





I love this fabric line and just had to take a picture.





This is my friend, Sandra's (on the left) quilt. It is a wedding present that the couple have been waiting a good year and a half for. These aren't Sandra's colors and she had a hard time making a quilt using all neutral colors. It took her 6 months just to collect enough fabric.


I'm still working on my challenge quilt. I've gotten six more blocks made and have the parts for two more cut out.


I'm getting curious to see how this is going to turn out. I've got a colored diagram that I made of the quilt, but it really is hard to tell what it will look like, besides, I've changed some of the colors.

I've decided to try dying fabric for the borders of my roosting round robin. Dora is supposed to come over in a little bit and help me. Think we'll try the Shibori Wrapping Technique this time. We are using Createx Airbrush paint for the dying medium and use direct dying method. Hope I get some pretty fabric.

No comments: