Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It’s My Birthday!

It’s my birthday.  I’m 29 and holding, unless a senior discount is involved.  The Paradise Piecers had my birthday party last Thursday and I got pretty brown fabrics.

BirthdayFabric 

One of the girls couldn’t make the party so I still have one more yard of fabric coming.  Hope it is as pretty as these are.  Now if I can just remember to use more browns in my quilts.  I do use browns occasionally, I’ve just never had a lot of browns, especially pretty ones.  In fact, I will be using some browns in the two crazy border quilts I want to make.  That is one of the classes at quilt camp in a couple of weeks

CrazyBorderFabric2 

The western print is the fabric for the center and the other 12 fabrics are for the border.

CrazyBorderFabric1

This is the other one that I want to do.  The class isn’t until Friday, so I probably won’t even get the first one done.  Wish the class would have been on Thursday, so we would have more time to get them finished.  I need to check the guild web site again to see if I can down load the supply lists for the other two classes.  I haven’t decided yet if I want to make the cup cake pin cushion and the four sided placemat yet or not.  It depends on how much of the supplies I would need to buy.  My projects that I take to work on will be purses.  I have fabric and patterns to make three purses.  That is, if I get to go.

My fear right now is that my tomatoes will decide to all get ripe that week and I will be busy canning tomatoes and won’t get to attend quilt camp.  That would be terrible.  I look forward to the going to quilt camp three times a year when we have them.  Guess I’ll just have to wait and see if the tomatoes cooperate with my plans or not.

No comments: