Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day Four

This was day four of quilt camp.  Still having a good time and accomplishing quite a bit.  Sandra took me out to lunch.  We ate at the Meeting Place.  It has been around for years, but neither one of us had ever eaten there.  We had half a chicken salad sandwich, soup and a cookie.  It was good and reasonably price.  After lunch we made a quick stop at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 yd. of grass fabric that I needed for the sashing on the baby quilt I’m making for Dora to give to Aiden, Kristy’s baby.  I’ve got the top ready for borders, which I hope I can get on tomorrow, before the crazy border class.  The rest of the day will be taken up with that. 

Yesterday I finished my purse.

PurseD1

After I show ‘n tell it at the guild meeting Tuesday, I’ll start carrying it.  I really like this pattern.  This time I only used two fabrics on the outside.  Think I like it better with the contrasting pocket, but it looks ok this way too.

Terry was working on a real cute quilt this week.

ShoeQuilt

It still needs borders.  She is making it for one of her granddaughters.

The Pincushion class was yesterday.

pincushionClass

Busy at work making cupcake pincushions.  I hadn’t  planned to take the class, but Bev was working on another version of it that looked like the cupcake had frosting on it and I wanted to try my hand at one.  The only fabric I had was left over fabric from my purse, so I made a striped cupcake.

pincushion3

I’ll use different fabric next time, probably brown for chocolate or a cream color for vanilla.  Sandra suggested making the icing patch smaller.  Guess I’ll be making this version of the cupcake pincushion for Christmas presents.

No comments: