Saturday, May 10, 2008

Roses

The roses are blooming, and of course I took pictures. I don't know what will happen to my flowers once we get around to landscaping the yard. Don't know where we'll move them too, or even if they will survive a move. Some have been in the same spot for years.



The bush on the right is just getting started. In past years it has been covered in blooms and really pretty. Hope it will be again this year. I have two bushes like this. Didn't even look to see if the other one has started blooming yet or not.























The garden is in bad need of weed eating. The weeds are as tall as the flowers. Many years ago I had delusions of being a gardener. I never could get the garden area full of flowers and the weeds grew faster than the flowers. I finally gave it up and am trying to enjoy the flowers that survived. The frost got my Azaleas this year. They are usually covered in blooms in early spring. I was very disappointed.





The front porch post are up and the railings installed. Now it just needs to be primed and painted white.

I dread painting that railing. It should look good once it is done.





Well, I finished the "Tossed Nine Patch" top.




It will be awhile before I get it quilted. I do not especially enjoy quilting queen sized quilts. I have another queen that I need to get quilted ahead of this one. I've been putting it off long enough.

Next week is quilt camp. I dread packing every thing up and getting ready to go. I know I'll have a good time, but it is easier to just stay at home. I'm not even sure yet what project(s) I'm going to take to work on. Probably kits that I have bought and never got around to making. At least that way I don't have to pick fabrics.

I have 3 quilts to get the binding on. Guess I'll work on that today.

No comments: