Monday, March 24, 2008

Camera Finally Returned

So, I finally got to take some pictures of what I've been working on for the past week. I've got a couple more quilts to take pictures of, but decided to wait until I get the binding on my little wall hanging first and take pictures of it and the table runner at the same time. They are made from the AQG challenge fabric.


I finally got all my little triangle blocks made for part four of the Quiltsville mystery.



Now I'm working on the hour glass blocks for part 5. Got lots of parts, but only one hour glass so far.






Last Tuesday evening the EVQG met. We had a very interesting quest speaker. She did a presentation of her Great Aunt Della's quilts. She also had a couple of patterns, fudge and peanut brittle for sale. The fudge and peanut brittle were made from family recipes. I didn't buy anything. One pattern was hand pieced and the other was her way of making a jewel box quilt. Of course she called it something else.







Step 3 of the mystery our guild is doing was passed out. I got busy and finished it.



Here are all the little four patches I made from the strips from part one. Hopefully my color choices will work out ok.



I also finished the 4 patch and friends quilt using the strips from last years EVQG exchange.

I'm pleased with the way it has turned out. Maybe I'll get it on the frame this week to quilt. I think I know where it will go.

I need to get started on the the EVQG challenge quilt. It is due in June and is a little more involved then the two I just finished for the AQG paint chip challenge. This one is a row quilt, so I will have to decided on patterns and size and how to lay them out. I want to try to get by making a wall hanging size.



No comments: