Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Half Logs for Community Service

I finished the borders this afternoon on the half log cabin block community service top. Think I'll use the 2" strips for the binding and have a scrappy binding to go with a scrappy quilt.






Finally finished all the little 9 patches for the Quiltville mystery.


Now for the little triangle blocks in step 4. I managed to get a good start on them while piecing the borders for the half log cabin top.

This is a busy week. Monday I had a doctors appointment and then went grocery shopping at WalMart, because I needed some batting and didn't want to go to two stores. Yesterday EVQG had the strip class using the strips we swapped last year. We are doing a quilt from the book "Open a Can of Worms". I want to get that top finished before I move on to anything else.

Today was my day to stay home and quilt, but I still have to run to the store in a little bit. I really don't want to. Tomorrow is the Paradise Piecers Bee and Friday is our monthly meeting of the Needle Turners Bee. We are planning to go to the Rome Quilt Guild quilt show. They have they're quilts on display at the Rome Library for the entire month of March. Sandra and I went last year. Afterwards, we'll probably go out to lunch.

I went to the sewing machine repair class. We had a great time. Ray sure did try to cram a lot of information into our heads in those three days. My head is still spinning. I feel like I've forgotten 3/4 of what he taught us. I think the class was worth while and would like to take the advanced class next year. First I'd like to work on a few machines so I'll know what I want to learn in the class. Hope I can find some older machines cheap. I'll have to keep checking with the Salvation Army and Habitat for Humanity stores here. I'd like to go to some auctions, but doubt that I can get Paul to go with me.

No comments: