Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Challenge Quilts

My challenge quilts for the AQG are complete except for labels.


My daughter likes the table runner best and I like the Poppy wall hanging best. I don't know if I will take them both to guild or not. That might look a little over ambitious. The truth of the matter, I couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted to do and I had enough fabric for both. As different as they look, they both are made from the exact same fabrics. I should go a head and make the labels and get them on, so I can put them up till July when the challenge is due. Putting them up could be dangerous. I have a bad habit of forgetting where I put things.


The EVQG challenge quilt is due in June, so I got started on it. I've got a basic plan in my head with perfect it as I go. So far I've got the blocks for one row done. These are "four winds" blocks.

I really like these blocks and think I should just stop right now, before I mess it up. These blocks were a lot of work, 36 units of which 28 were half square triangles. It is a good thing that I like them. The next row won't be as bad. I'm doing Ocean waves. The block patterns can be found at http://www.quilterscache.com A good resource for block patterns.

No comments: