Saturday, March 1, 2008

Pictures




Dora loved her quilt. She wants a baby quilt. Don't think I have enough fabric left. I do have the one row I took off, and the scraps, so maybe I can do something. we'll see. I do have a little of the dark blue and yellow left. It is just the duck print flannel that I don't have, well, except for some scraps. This was my first flannel quilt, besides the ragged edge throws that I did. I never liked them that well.




I got two of the community service quilts for EVQG quilted on the long arm. They are now finished. This year we are making children's quilts for the Women's Resource Center.





Both quilts are panels that I added a couple of borders to. Quick and easy, but cute. I have two more ready to be quilted. They are the giant uneven 9 patches. One of them, plus the two above goes to EVQG. The other one goes to AQG. I have some left over (57) blocks from the half log cabin quilt. I way over estimated the number of blocks I would need. I've got them on the design wall now for another community service quilt for AQG. While I was doing the EVQG quilts which are due in April, I think, I wanted to do for AQG too and get it out of the way and have that pressure off. AQG's aren't due till later in the year, so if I have the time and fabric and come across a pattern I can always do more. If not, I've contributed to both guilds' community service projects and can feel quilt free.

I've got to clean house a little before I leave tomorrow for Oak Ridge and my sewing machine repair classes. I need to get packed too. Gee, I'd rather quilt.

I got my cutting table cleared off. Wonder how long that will last. Plus, all my scraps have been cut into usable strips and charms. The bag I keep them in was over flowing and needed to do something before I collected up more.

No comments: