Friday, September 11, 2009

Challenge Quilts

At last months EVQG meeting we revealed our challenge quilts.  Everyone did a really good job of making a quilt to represent the gift bag they drew.

2009ChallengeQuilts1 2009ChallengeQuilts2

2009ChallengeQuilts3

2009ChallengeQuilts4

2009ChallengeQuilts5

2009ChallengeQuilts6

Next years challenge is wide open.  We need to find our birth month on any calendar and make a quilt to represent the picture.  All we have to do is use the colors in the picture.  The quilt doesn’t have to look like the picture.  The picture I found was fireworks, because at the time I thought the quilt had to look like or at least have the theme of the picture and I have been wanting to try thread art.  Thought the fireworks would be something easy to start with.  Now all I have to do is make any quilt that is red, gold, white and black. I think I know which quilt I want to make using black and white fabrics with red and gold accents.  It is the quilt from the AQG black and white exchange.  I didn’t participate in the exchange, so I may have to collect some more black and white fabrics. 

The Christmas exchange for the AQG is a table runner.  We must make it and it has to be at least 14” wide and 44” long.  I found a table runner pattern in  a quilt magazine and made the top.  Well, I left off the last two borders.  It looks nice without them and more than meets the size requirements at 16 1/2” x 47 1/2”.

I also have a T-shirt quilt to get started on.  I just want to get a couple of projects out of the way first.  Like the table runner and quilting and binding a community service quilt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lunette louis vuitton pas cher [url=http://www.lvsacnew.fr]lunette louis vuitton pas cher[/url] mdmndy ceinture louis vuitton pas cher [url=http://www.lvspeedy.fr]vetement louis vuitton pas cher[/url] btvbnn