Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just a Little Behind

The AQG had a guest speaker in August.  Pat Wys came with her trunk show.  Think she is going to teach a class at next year’s retreat.  I’m just now finally getting the pictures off my phone.  I forgot my camera and took a few pictures with my phone.  So they probably aren’t the best.

PatWys1 PatWys2

PatWys3 PatWys4

PatWys5

Pat is the lady in the pink blouse and red skirt in all the pictures.  She is an interesting speaker.  She also had her patterns for sale.  I didn’t buy any this time.  I’ve already have several of her patterns. I haven’t made any of them yet, but maybe one day I will get around to it.

We had our September meeting this past Tuesday.  The meetings have been change to the 1st Tuesday of the month.  That works better with my schedule. Now I have one or two quilting groups going on each week, instead of three in one week.

I’d like to say canning season is over, but I still have a few more tomatoes to do something with.  The pepper plants are in full stride, finally.  I’m a little tired of chopping up peppers to freeze. I’ve given quite a few away.  Think the cantaloupe are still producing too.  As much as I like cantaloupe, I have a hard time remembering to eat it.  Guess that is because I’m not used to having it around.  If we hadn’t planted it this year, I wouldn’t have any now.  I very seldom ever buy any.

No comments: