Friday, September 25, 2009

Quilt Show

Last weekend the East Cobb Quilt Guild had their quilt show.  Sandra, Jean and I went.  We had a great time.  Of course we visited all the vendors first.  I bought a few things.  At Fibers on a Whim, I got 4 fat quarters on sale and some items for art quilts:  2 half yard cuts of hand-dyed cheesecloth, hand-dyed batting grab bag and 2 fancy fabric scraps.  At Schoolhouse Quilts I purchased a holder for rulers.  It is the ring that fits over a closet bar.  I hung it from one of the hooks I have in my quilt studio for my rulers.  I have more fullers than hooks.  At the booth for Elaine’s Attic I bought 2-1yd cuts and a 1/2 yd cut of batiks.  I saw some patterns and kits that I liked, but didn’t get them.  I have lots of patterns already and kits I haven’t made yet.

I didn’t take a lot of pictures.  Although there were lots of pretty quilts.

ECQShow2 ECQShow3 ECQShow4

I took took these looking down from the balcony.  There were over 400 quilts in the show.  A friend of mine got a 2nd place ribbon for her appliqué quilt.  I should have taken a picture of it but didn’t think too.

ECQShow1

This is the only quilt I took a picture of and that is because it is a One Block Wonder quilt and I’m planning to make one.  I see it won a ribbon too, but can’t remember for what category.  There were several One Block Wonder Quilts in the show.  It fascinates  me how one fabric and one block can make such an interesting looking quilt.  I have both of the books.  I bought the 2nd one first and it only confused me.  The 1st book tells how to make the basic kaleidoscope block and the 2nd book tells how to do the tumbling blocks that can be used as accent blocks to add a little more interest to the quilt.

When we left the show we ate lunch at the Marietta Diner.  It was good and they have generous servings.  I took half my meal home. On the way home we stopped at Red Hen Fabrics.  I got the last of the fabrics for the Paradise Piecers birthdays and Christmas gifts.  I also found fabric to use for my One Block Wonder quilt.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: