Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Zebras in the Jungle

Finally the baby quilt I was working on at my daughter’s request is finished.  I finished the binding on Thursday at a bee meeting.

ZebraintheJungle

Zebras in the Jungle is the name of this quilt.

ZebraLabel

I don’t usually like large labels, but I wanted the zebra on it.  Guess I could have shrunk the zebra, but I didn’t feel like it.  This is also the quilting design that I used to quilt it with.  Dora drew the zebras and then I made copies and taped them together to make a pantograph. 

ZebraQuilting

This is the quilting, but it doesn’t show up well in this picture.  This was a challenge for me.  This is the hardest pantograph that I’ve done.  I usually do just simple ones.

The Polka Dots and Stripes “Turning Twenty”top is put together.  I found out that all stripes don’t go together.  I had to take some of the blocks apart and replace the striped fabric with different striped fabric that I liked better.  I’m still not sure how I feel about it.  Dora likes it, so I may give it to her.

PokaDotsandStripes1 

Don’t know why there is such a glare in the center.  Hope the picture of the finished quilt turns out better.

Went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and got interfacing for the T-shirt quilt.  I looked for backing, but all I found in black and green was a dice print or maybe it was dominoes.  I’m thinking about going to JoAnn’s today to look.  I haven’t been down there in awhile.  I need to have my flyers scanned so they will keep sending them to me.  It is so far down there and if they don’t have what I want, that will be a waste of a quarter tank of gas.  There isn’t anything else I need.  I’m saving my money for Saturday when we go to the ECQG quilt show.  I need some Civil war prints for a birthday coming up and Christmas present.  We will probably stop at Red Hen while we’re down there.  If I don’t have any luck at JoAnn’s, I can always look for the backing there. 

No comments: