Finally the baby quilt I was working on at my daughter’s request is finished. I finished the binding on Thursday at a bee meeting.
Zebras in the Jungle is the name of this quilt.
I don’t usually like large labels, but I wanted the zebra on it. Guess I could have shrunk the zebra, but I didn’t feel like it. This is also the quilting design that I used to quilt it with. Dora drew the zebras and then I made copies and taped them together to make a pantograph.
This is the quilting, but it doesn’t show up well in this picture. This was a challenge for me. This is the hardest pantograph that I’ve done. I usually do just simple ones.
The Polka Dots and Stripes “Turning Twenty”top is put together. I found out that all stripes don’t go together. I had to take some of the blocks apart and replace the striped fabric with different striped fabric that I liked better. I’m still not sure how I feel about it. Dora likes it, so I may give it to her.
Don’t know why there is such a glare in the center. Hope the picture of the finished quilt turns out better.
Went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and got interfacing for the T-shirt quilt. I looked for backing, but all I found in black and green was a dice print or maybe it was dominoes. I’m thinking about going to JoAnn’s today to look. I haven’t been down there in awhile. I need to have my flyers scanned so they will keep sending them to me. It is so far down there and if they don’t have what I want, that will be a waste of a quarter tank of gas. There isn’t anything else I need. I’m saving my money for Saturday when we go to the ECQG quilt show. I need some Civil war prints for a birthday coming up and Christmas present. We will probably stop at Red Hen while we’re down there. If I don’t have any luck at JoAnn’s, I can always look for the backing there.