Friday, April 18, 2008

Another Community Service Quilt

The last community service quilt for EVQG is finished.

The label still needs to be attached and then I can wash the three quilts I've done for this year and then they'll be ready to turn in at the May guild meeting. I made three of these tops, the fabrics are just switched around. They are very quick and easy to do.

My Bernina is broken. I was nearly done quilting the second of the three giant uneven 9-patch quilts when it decided not to sew. It was doing fine when I ran out of bobbin thread. I put in a new bobbin and now it won't sew. The motor hmms, but that is all. Guess I'll have to get it off the frame and look at it. Hope it isn't anything serious. Now just isn't a good time to have to pay for major repairs or purchase a new machine. Thank goodness there isn't much quilting left to do on the quilt on the frame. I can use my Janome Gem to finish it. I don't know how I'll get the other quilts quilted. The little Gem is really too small to quilt more than a small wall hanging. The Bernina is the only machine that I have that I can use on the frame.

No comments: