Saturday, April 5, 2008

Time to Plant the Garden

We went to Lowe's this morning and got tomato and pepper plants for the garden. Paul is making tomato cages and then he'll plant them. I got two geranium plants and put them in hanging baskets for the front porch, a parsley plant, I've got some herb seeds also , for a small herb garden. I also got a feverfew plant. I was going to plant it in the garden to ward off insects, but after looking in one of my herb books, it says it wards off mosquitoes and moths. Think it would be put to better use on the front porch. The other vegetables, he is stating from seed. Hope our garden does well.


I've got all the duck blocks made. Now I'm working on the sashing.


I'm using a dark kind of turquoise blue for the corner stones. I think it will look very nice when it is finished, very outdoorsy and suitable for a 16 year old boy. I'm really enjoying this project now that I got started on it. Guess I was just dreading all the planning and figuring out what to do with the duck panels.

No comments: