Thursday, April 24, 2008

Challenge quilt and More Flowers

The EVQG challenge quilt is finished. It isn't due until June, but I wanted to make sure it was done this year. Last year I finished a stream lined version of what I originally planned and didn't get it quilted. It still isn't quilted.



This year's theme is "Row, Row, Row Your Boat, Lets make a row quilt.




Some more flowers bloomed. So I took some pictures.

I think the yellow one is an Iris, but I'm not sure. The Burgundy one is much darker in person. Think the light was too bright to get it's true colors. Plus, I don't think it is all the way open yet. I've got some blue Iris opening up too and maybe another Burgundy one.






I'm working one part 6 of the Quiltville mystery. I've completed the 16 star blocks and am currently putting the half star blocks together.


I'm really wondering what this scrappy version is going to look like when it is finished.


My current project is going pretty fast. It is easy, but cute.

I still have to add the borders. It is named "Lets Go Sailing".
This morning I bought two king size battings. I running low and have lots of quilts that need to be quilted. This after noon, Sandra and I went to see Sandy and take her some food. She just got out of the hospital today. She is doing great. At first we feared she may have had another stroke. It turned out to be irregular heart rhythm and the doctor is working at adjusting her meds.
Tonight Patricia Knoechel is our guest speaker at EVQG. She is a very good speaker and will bring us up to date on the latest of Elenore Burns books. I look forward to hearing her talk. She is always fun.



No comments: