Monday, February 9, 2009

Another Busy Week!

This week is a "Gad-A-Bout Gal" week. I have AQG meeting Tuesday, grocery shopping on Wednesday, Paradise Piecers Bee on Thursday, and on Friday the Needle Turners Bee meets, plus a trip to JoAnn's is planned for the afternoon. Looks like today is the only day I'll be home all day.



On top of all the running around, I have lots of things to do around here. Paul painted the spare room on Saturday and now I'm in the process of moving back in most of the stuff I moved out when I needed the room as a bedroom. I can't use Paul's room as a computer/junk room any longer. He wants his room back. He got a pool table and wants his billiards room.



Finally, the T-shirt quilt top is finished. The lady is supposed to bring the backing, batting and binding fabric over Wednesday afternoon.

I'm a little nervous about quilting this with the clear polyester thread. I've never used it on a long arm before. As I haven't had my long arm that long, I'm not real crazy about the idea of messing with the tension. I'm afraid I won't be able to get it set back right again. Before I can quilt this though, I have to quilt the community service quilt that is already on the frame. I hope to start it today. But then I've been saying that for the last 3 or 4 days.

I started the Super Bowl challenge quilt, from quiltsville blog. I made a few blocks and found out right quick that I didn't have enough. I'm in the process of making more strip sets. But I'll have to put that on hold until after I get the quilting done. I'm hoping to do the strip twist quilt as my beginners and enders as I work on other projects. I have until Sept. or Oct. to finish it.

No comments: