Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Good Day

It was nice out today. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain and the forecast was predicting snow for Sunday. Next week it is supposed to be below freezing at night.



I mailed off the quilt this morning. It is expensive to mail a quilt, especially when you insure it. Then I wen to Wal Mart, all before going to my bee meeting. I enjoy getting together with the ladies. I finished the binding on a baby quilt and started on another.

This is a "Quilt in a Day" pattern that I bought last year when Patty spoke to our guild. She will be here again this April.




After the bee meeting I went to Dollar General store to get more plastic storage bins. Last week they had the shoe box size bins for $1.00. They were out today. They had the sweater size bins for $2.50, so got two of them. I plan to use them to store my shirting strips in. The bigger ones look like they'd hold two layers of strips. I still have 2 of the smaller ones that I got last week. Guess I'll wait until I get all the strips cut to see which size works best.




My daughter has been trying to talk me into getting a laser printer. It is a little cheaper to print each page compared to my ink jet printer, about 1 cent cheaper per page for the black ink and about 3 cents cheaper for color pages. But.... I just don't thing I could afford to replace cartridges at $80.00 for black ink and $200 for the 3 color cartridges. That is a lot of money to come up with at one time. It is hard enough to come up with the money for the regular ink cartridges some times.

No comments: