Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quilt Show

Monday Sandra and I went to the library in Rome to the quilts. The Lavender Mountain Quilt Guild has a show at the library every year. It is not big, but we enjoy going and seeing the quilts. We usually eat lunch out and then go to Hancock Fabrics.






Here are the pictures I took of the quilts.

The library is round? The center is two stories and the quilts are hung from the railings. A few are hung on the walls on the upper level.

I liked this little wild life wall hanging.


I got a kick out of this one.

This Cathedral Windows quilt done in black and oriental prints is gorgeous. Wonder how the black would look with the neck ties I've collected for a Cathedral Windows quilt? That would mean buying a lot of black fabric at one time. I already have a nearly full bolt of bleached muslin I was planning to use. But it would make such a pretty wall hanging.

Friday we (Sandra, Jean, Jean's friend and myself) are doing the shop hop. If we don't get to all nine shops, we plan to go again on Saturday. I can't wait! It has been several years since I've done the shop hop. That time I only went to seven shops. We're planning on leaving at 5:30 in the morning and meeting Jean's friend and heading toward the first shop on our list, stopping for breakfast before we get there. I bet we're there way early. The shops don't open until 9:00a.m.

No comments: