Saturday, March 28, 2009

Shop Hop

The Greater Atlanta Shop Hop is going on. I just did get my new purse made in time. I didn't want to carry my big bulky old one. I'm tired of it anyway. That is another one off my to-do list.

This purse was awkward to make because it has timtex in it. That's what the pattern called for, and I just happened to have some left over from making fabric bowls and take out boxes a few years ago. I call it "the purse from hell", that's how bad it was for me to make. I like the purse now that it is done, but I won't use timtex again, if I make another one. It is a "Pat-e-Pattern" called "Got Pockets?"




We left out around 5:30a.m. on Friday to go shop hopping. We stopped for breakfast and arrived at the first shop a few minutes before they opened at 9:00. Our first stop was Heritage Quilts and Fabrics in Newnan. I bought the pattern "Just Can't Cut it and a couple of Kaffe Fassett FQ's. Then we went to Quilts and Fixins and A Scarlet Thread, where I got more FQ's and found the purse pattern I wanted, called "Bow Tucks". Then we went to Patrick's where I bought fudge instead of fabric, and Sweet Home Quilt Co. I was doing good about not buying much, until we hit Intown Quilters. They had Kaffe Fassett fabric in their sale section. That was my down falling! I found this really cute pattern I liked, "drama queen" by Thimble Blossoms. So after I got the sale fabric, I finished picking out fabrics for the quilt in the regular priced fabric. I think Intown Quilters is my favorite quilt shop. They have the best selection of Kaffe Fassett, Amy Butler and Michael Miller fabrics. I just wish it weren't so far away. I knew I'd kick myself if I didn't get what I wanted while I was there. The traffic was heavy on the way back north to Marietta, so didn't get to do the last 3 shops. Well Jean and Dell cheated and went to Red Hen and Little Quilts on Thursday on their lunch break, so they were only short one shop. We decided to go to a Mexican Restaurant for supper and then head on home. Sandra and I went to Marietta this morning and went to Tiny Stitches, Little Quilts and Red Hen. It rained on us the entire shop hop.


This was taken outside Quilts and Fixins in Jonesboro. Jean and Sandra are checking out there "goodie bags" in front of the store.



This is Sweet Home Quilt Co. in Conyers. I like that it is in an old house. It is a nice shop.



This is their shop hop quilt. It was hanging so nicely when we arrived. By the time I decided to take a picture, it had started coming down. At least I can see what fabric they used as backing.

Here are the four of us on the front porch. I can either smile or have my eyes open. I couldn't seem to do both at the same time. I had a wonderful time and am ready to go again next year.

No comments: