Sunday, May 24, 2009

Crazy 4-Patch

I don't know if that is the correct name for the blocks that I've been making, but that's what I call them. They are made by the stack and whack method. They are fun to make. I started with 5" charms and made 4- patch and 2-patch blocks to make a baby quilt.



I love the way it turned out. The backing and binding is ready, just need to get it quilted.




Then I moved on to a larger block made from "sweet 16's".


It is sideways. That's the only way I could get all the blocks to fit on my design wall. I haven't sewn them together yet. Not sure I like the larger version as well the as the smaller one. It may just be the different fabrics. Although I like these fabrics before I "whacked" them. Maybe I'll like it better when it is finished and turned right side up.



Finally got the sampler quilt ready to re-quilt the last row. Just haven't gotten brave enough to do it yet. Maybe I'm just procrastinating so I don't have to fix the backing for the next quilt I need to get on the frame.



I chucked the "To-Do List" and am just working on what I feel like doing. Starting a new project is always more fun than than finishing an old one.

No comments: