Saturday, May 2, 2009

My First Selvage Project

Intown Quilters is having a handmade postcard contest. They will have a drawing on July 1. The winner wins a $100 gift certificate. They passed out the post cards to decorate at shop hop. I decided to enter and decided to make a selvage post card.





It was quick and easy to do and turned out cute. I embellished it with a button I had in my button collection. My selvage stash is still small, maybe when I get more I'll try another project.


I treated fabric with bubble jet yesterday and printed my house picture. Now to design the quilt top and get it made by the June meeting. I enjoy doing the challenge quilts that both guilds do.


Finally took a picture of the table topper that I made at quilt camp.


This was made from my batik stash. It wasn't hard to make, just had to pay close attention to what I was doing and make sure I sewed the small triangle in the right place. I like it, but still wish I'd had the right fabrics to go with the paisleys I've been collecting. Maybe another project will come along that I can use them in.

No comments: