Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Mini Shop Hop

We did a mini N. GA shop hop today. You'd think we'd had enough of N. GA to last awhile when we went last Friday. But no, Sandra won a gift basket from Log Cabin Patchworks in Hiawassee. Of course we had to rush back and get it. Well, we tried, Map Quest did its best to get it lost! But we out smarted their crumby directions. We figured as long as we kept heading NE we'd finally find our way to 515/76 and get to Hiawassee. It took us a little longer than we planned, but we got there and Sandra got her gift basket. It had some nice fat quarters and books in it and something we couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be. It looked kinda like a thimble, but wasn't. I used my 15% off coupon and bought two Moda charm packs from the Glace line and one charm pack from the Gypsy Rose line, a table runner pattern and a wall hanging pattern that uses 5" charms. We ate lunch at a Barbecue place across the street and took some pictures of the mountains from their terrace.











Wish I had views like this from my porch.



We headed back and stopped in Blue Ridge at Country Stitches. I bought three more of the Glace charm backs and a Dessert roll (5" strips) and used my 15% off coupon to get two yards of fabric that I hope will co-ordinate with the charms and strips. The Glace line of fabric wasn't at the quilt shops yet. I noticed an interesting building across the street, so had to take a picture.



I don't know what the building is, but it is quaint with the rock base and old lumber on the upper part.





We just had to stop at Mountain Holly Quilters, after all, we were driving right by it to get home. I got four FQs from their sale bin.



We also found out there is a new quilt shop in Ellijay. Wish we'd have known that on the way up when we wondered right through there. We were probably only a few blocks from it. We didn't have time on the way home. That can be another outing on another day.



I've been busy all week. I finished the house challenge quilt. Got the binding done on Sunday.

I still need to get the label on it. I have it made. That's another one off my list.

Monday, I fixed the backing and binding for the sampler quilt and got it loaded on the frame. Tuesday was guild meeting in the morning. We had a silent auction of member items. I got a cushion, scissors, two pieces of fabric, some trim and a little sewing organizer that goes over the arm of the chair. An managed to get the sampler quilt about 1/2 quilted.

Tomorrow is a community workshop day and the Paradise Piecers bee. Than on Friday the Needle Turners bee meets. So this is definitely a Gad-A-Bout Gal week.

No comments: