Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Do I Have Ghosts or am I Old and Senile?

This is not a good morning. I think I'm here alone, except for the cat and dogs. I hear foot steps in the kitchen when I'm in the sun room. A beard trimmer that I thought was being charged when I saw it earlier, is gone. My coat that was hanging on the coat rack in the kitchen earlier, was laying on a kitchen chair when I passed through there a few minutes ago. I'm marking it up to income tax preparation overload. Sunday I filed tax returns for myself, husband , eldest son, and daughter. In the wee hours of this morning I filed my other son's taxes. I figured it was better to go ahead and get it out of the way so I didn't have to listen to them nagging me about it.



Well, the big sister quilt is now quilted. I still have to attach the binding, but I do have it ready. Dora told me Sunday that "Little Brother" and "Big Sister" are to be on the quilts. Claims she told me that before. I probably blocked it out, as it meant more work. I'll do good to get them completed as it is, before "little brother" arrives into this world. I think I'll try some free motion embroidery on co-ordinating fabric and add that to the top borders of the quilt. If that doesn't work out, I'll have to get with someone with an embroidery machine and see what they can do.

Of course that means I'll have to take my Bernina off the frame, which is just as well as I have a candle applique block to do for the victim assistance quilt our guild is making for an organization in Bartow County. I still have to finish the borders on Dora's Duckie Pirate quilt and get it quilted and the binding on before Feb. 27.



I finally got the label on the half log cabin quilt, and a picture of the finished quilt.



After much thought and frustration, I really hate naming quilts, I decided to name it "Moon Beams".

Well, I need to go to the bank and also buy a lottery ticket. Mega Millions is worth around 107 million. Think that is worth taking a chance on.

No comments: