Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ducky Quilt Quilted!

I'm so happy that the Ducky quilt is quilted. A friend of mine asked if I wanted to learn how to use her computerized long arm machine. So I went to her house yesterday and learned how on Dora's quilt. It took quite a while to do it, but not anywhere as long as it would have take me to do it at home. I used a ducky quilt design, she didn't have skulls and cross bones. I think I will go back Monday and practice some more with some community service quilts if I can get the tops made this weekend. I enjoyed using the long arm. Once I learn how good, she will rent me time on the long arm. That will really be great. I already have a quilt I want to quilt that is a rather late wedding present. They were married last summer and I haven't gotten around to quilting the quilt.

Before I start the community service tops, I need to finish the binding for the duck quilt and get it machine stitched down. Dora's birthday is Wednesday and I want to have it finished by then.

The sewing machine class has been confirmed so off to Oak Ridge, TN we go on the 2nd of March for 3 days. We'll come back Wednesday evening. I'm really looking forward to taking the class.

No comments: