Saturday, April 26, 2014

Not So Much About Quilting

 

BabyChicks4

The baby chicks are growing.  They will need a new home soon.  Waiting for them to start laying eggs.  I imagine that is a while off and only if they are hens.  We haven’t figured that out yet.  These are mixed breed chickens.  I’d like to have some Road Island Reds.

 

I finally got around to potting some flowers to go on the front porch.  I have 4 hanging baskets and 4 in pots so far, plus the poinsettias.  The poinsettias are doing really well.

Flowers1 

The plant on the left had two pretty orange flowers on it and my granddaughter decided to pick them.  There is still one bud that hasn’t opened up yet.  Hope it will get more. The one in the center is a miniature rose. I haven’t had good luck with them.  They always get aphids or some tiny bugs on them.  Guess I will need to get some rose dust and see if that will help prevent them. Or find a home remedy.

 

I’ve been working on UFOs.  Have almost finished a top.  I’m on the next to last border.  Hope I can get it finished today.  The UFO leader and ender blocks are going nicely.  I’m still hoping to get the Quilty Fun quilt top quilted before the end of the month.  I need to concentrate on getting quilts finished for the guild quilt show in October.  I’d like to enter 3 or 4 quilts. Think the paperwork with pictures is due in June. 

No comments: