Tuesday and Wednesday I printed directions for 5 on-line BOMs and 1 weekly quilt along, plus received a BOM in the mail. Then on Friday the Vice Versa BOM will be ready. I will be busy for the next couple of days trying to get them all completed.
So far I have made the April “Tell it to the Stars” blocks. The light yellow doesn’t show up very well in the pictures. That is the fabric that I got the two accent colors, red and purple, from. So far, I’m not seeing enough purple in the blocks. Maybe that will change over the next few months. Right now I’m sort of wishing I would have switched the red and purple color placement.
This top was put together in columns and I switched some of the blocks around on the right hand side at my daughters request. Now I see that was a mistake, so I will be doing some reverse sewing. I showed it to my daughter and she agreed, as long as she gets the blocks she likes in the top and bottom rows that I will be adding to make the quilt longer. I also explained why I couldn’t use the blocks that she first picked for the extra rows. Think we have it figured out now. Because it was done in columns, the blocks do not line up into rows going across and I will be adding a horizontal row top and bottom. Those blocks have to all be the same height all the way across the top.
Think I will do my weekly and monthly blocks before I tackle it again. I don’t want to get too far behind on my other projects, although I want to get this top quilted by the end of the month.