Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Two Projects Finished

 

The Spring Chicks table runner and the Easter Bunny Mug Rug are finished.  Two new projects that I had no business starting when I have so many others that need finishing. 

BunnyMugRugSpringChicksTablerunner2

Both patterns were featured on Pat Sloan’s facebook group.  The bunny mug rug is a tutorial at http://melissagoodsell.typepad.com.  The table runner is my version of a free Pat Sloan pattern.  Now Pat is starting a Quilt Along with a challenge to it to celebrate her first e-pattern.  The pattern is Never Enough Chocolate and the challenge is to use a special fabric you have been saving for a special project or because you just couldn’t make yourself cut it up.  Do I need to start a new project?  Definitely not!  But I can’t resist a quilt along or a challenge and this has both. I down loaded the pattern, now to decide which “special fabric” to use; batiks, the paisleys or the Kaffe Fassett I’ve been collecting. 

 

But first I need to finish the Quilty Fun top.  Or work a little each day on both of them.

QuiltyFun21

I swapped the blocks around on the left side so they are back in the correct order.  The blocks to be added to the top and bottom to make it longer are made.  I just have to sew them together with the spacers to make the rows and finish putting the top together.  I’m hoping to call this project completed by the end of the month.

No comments: