Sunday, April 5, 2009

Preparing For Quilt Camp

Quilt camp isn't until the 13th, but figured I'd better start rounding up what I need for the classes and find a project to work on. There are three classes this time. We are going to learn how to make a cathedral windows quilt. I've got my squares cut and my 2-1/'' charm collection ready for the class.

The class is on Thursday. I'm just doing a small project to learn how.
On Friday there will be a purse class. The pattern we are using is Bow Tucks.
These are the fabrics I picked to use. I love brown and turquoise together and Hobby Lobby has some co-ordinating prints that I liked.

The other class is a table topper class and I'm having trouble picking eight fabrics to use for it. At first I thought I'd try using some of the paisleys I've been collecting and add some other fabrics.
I couldn't come up with a pleasing combination of fabrics. Guess I just don't have the right fabrics in my stash to go with the two paisleys I picked to use. So then I thought I'd go the opposite direction with some bright, fun fabrics.

Well, they are bright and fun, but I have no earthly idea what I would do with it once is was made. Think I'd best save these for a child's quilt. So then I thought about all the Kaffe Fassett fabrics I bought during shop hop. I got more then enough extra fabric in case I decided to make a queen size quilt.


I think there is too much contrast between the lights and darks and not enough mediums to look good. Love the fabrics though. So then I decided to see what I could come up with from my batik stash.



I think the two lightest fabrics are hand dyes. I'm going to have to make up my mind soon. I need to cut 2" strips and have the strip sets made before the class. I'm not sure what day the class is, so need to get them made this week. I had an easier time picking a project to take to work on. I just grabbed a wall hanging kit that was laying around.

I've had this kit for a few years. Don't even remember where or why I got it. Maybe it was on sale.


The log cabin quilt is on the frame finally. Maybe I will manage to get it quilted this week, or maybe not. I may decided to make tote bags instead. Then again, I might drag out my entire stash, determined to find the perfect fabric combination to make the table topper.

No comments: