Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring is Here

And my garden is over run with weeds as usual. The Azaleas are blooming

We're planning to move them. Hope they don't die. They've been there for years and do really well. We want to put them in front of the addition, not to far from where they are now.


One lonely tulip came up. I planted the bulbs years ago. I was surprised to see it make an appearance.

I went to town yesterday an bought more than I should have. I got the new Bissell Versus bare floor vacuum. Hope it works as good as the ads show it does. I also bought a MP3 player that is WMA compatible, but I couldn't down load my audio books to it. I take it that not all WMA formats are audio book compatible. Said it was the wrong format. There was another one that cost more that is supposed to be compatible for audio books. Guess I should have gotten that one. The on-line library now has books that are MP3 compatible, but I already have an MP3 player and didn't need another one. Besides, the selection is limited. I have a 1 GB Zen Stone, but it only holds two books. It doesn't have a screen and I wanted one that did.

Of course I had to go to Hobby Lobby. I used my 40% off coupon to buy fusible fleece for a purse. Couldn't resist buying some fabric. Got lining for the purse, two paisleys for my collection, and a polka dot and a stripe for a Turning Twenty quilt. While we were doing the shop hop, Jean mentioned that she thought polka dots and stripes would make a pretty turning twenty quilt and next thing it became a challenge for the four of us to each make one before next shop hop. I only need about four more fat quarters to make a queen size quilt.

I found an electric knife at Fred's for $10. Now what excuse can I come up with to delay making the bolster? I'm really not in the mood right now. I still haven't gotten the log cabin quilt on the frame. Maybe today. I'd also like to get started on the challenge quilts for my guilds. They will be due before I know it, besides they are on my to-do list.

No comments: