Thursday, January 24, 2008

Last Round Robin Finds It's Way Home

The Paradise Piecers Bee met this morning and Barbara's round robin was given to her.



Barbara with her round robin. I think it turned out very nice. I like it as much as I do mine.



EVQG is having a retreat in February. Some of our bee members are going to attend. They were telling the rest of us about the project that they will be doing. Barbara and Rae have gotten a head start and showed us what they had done so far. It sounds like an easy and fun project that will turn out to be a very pretty quilt.


The 2 - 9-patch blocks on the left, top row are what barb started with to make the blocks in the bottom row. The top right is one of Rae's blocks. They cut the 9-patch blocks in half vertically and horizontally and then rearranged them and sewed them back together. There are several ways they can be arranged. If I can find time, I'd like to make one.

This years Queen Bee for the Paradise Piecers. As you can see the job has gone to her head! She is garbed in her royal purple robes and wearing her crown.

I did get to sew this evening and started sewing the blocks together for the big sister quilt. I have the bottom half together, plus two rows in the upper half. It is going together quick and I hope to have the top done this week-end. Dora saw the blocks on the design wall and thought it was cute. I managed to make a few more 9-patch blocks for the quiltsville mystery.



No comments: