Friday, January 18, 2008

Progress, Finally!

I have five of the ten rows of the I Spy top put together. I began to think I was never going to get to that stage of the process.





With some luck, maybe I can finish the top this weekend. I ordered thread to quilt it with and I'm waiting on it to arrive. I have some flannel novelty print fabric that I'm planning to use for the back.



My Thursday morning bee was cancelled. A few snow flakes on Wednesday and the girls panic. With no bee, you'd think I would have had the whole day to sew, but no. I still had my usual Thursday errands to run, plus I went to Hobby Lobby to look for the companion ruler, no luck. But I had that 25% off coupon and it seemed like a shame not to use it, so I got a quilting book, "Strip Happy" by Donna Kinsey Of course, I had to check out their clearance fabrics and found two that I hope will work in the big sister quilt that goes with the I Spy. One I'm hoping will work as the inner border and the other is to replace the yellow butterfly pint that I pulled from my stash. It was really too light of a yellow to go with the bright yellow that I bought for the quilt. The one I got to day also has butterflies in it and is a brighter yellow that I hope will work better. So now I think I have all the fabric for it.



Then I went to Wal Mart and they didn't have the ruler either. I couldn't resist looking through the $5 DVDs. They had several I wanted and narrowed it down to two Adam Sandler movies. So, came home with "Big Daddy" and "Anger Management".



AQG is having a class Tuesday morning that I want to attend, so afterwards I think I'll go on down to JoAnns and see if they have the companion ruler. Maybe I'll get lucky. I sure haven't been so far.



Finally I decided on fabrics for the mystery that EVQG is doing.

Right or wrong, for better or worse, these are the fabrics I finally decided on. The black floral will be the border fabric. I had to make up my mind. I want to start washing the fabrics for the big sister quilt and thought I'd wash these at the same time.

I checked out Quiltville.com and thankfully she hasn't posted the next step (step 6) of that mystery. I'm still trying to make my way through step 2 with the 100-3" 9-patch blocks. That will take me awhile sewing them as my beginners and enders.

I hate it when I wake up in the middle of the night and remember something I forgot to do. This time it was that I had forgotten to charge my cell phone battery and it was nearly dead. Nothing would do, but I get up and plug it in. Well maybe now I can go back to sleep. I'm good and sleepy again.

No comments: